Friday, November 17, 2006

Ruckus Live: My Brightest Diamond


Schuba's Tavern
November 11, 2006

(Click on pictures to enlarge.)

By now, Shara Worden should require no introduction, but in case you've been living in a cave, "Blah, blah, blah, Sufjan Stevens, blah, blah, solo project, blah, blah, My Brightest Diamond, blah, blah, opera training." Okay, now that we got that out of the way, we can go forward. When My Brighest Diamond played Schuba's Tavern, she decided to come to town on the same night as The Decemberists. Ouch. So, as you might have guessed, the typical crowd of indie-kids was nowhere to be seen (not nessecairily a bad thing), and instead, in their place, was the typically older, slightly dorkier, crowd of thirty-something indie rock fans. Seriously, I was the youngest and least dorky person there, and I spent the day writhing in my bed, hungover, watching the Star Wars marathon on Cinemax...

Anyways, with opening act, Pedestrian, as her backing band, Shara tore through an amazing set. I don't think I need to bother describing it, since most of the people reading this post have long sinced scrolled down to the pictures. It's like Playboy for indie kids, so stop kidding yourself, you're not reading the articles... So, yeah, here's the pictures; just make sure you clean up when you're done.














Conclusion

The Good:
  • Pleasantly surprised by opening, opening, act: Via Tania
The Bad:
  • Little to no ruckus in the crowd, as the average age created a sort of aura of pacifism.
The Ugly:
  • All the paralysed hipsters locked in a smitten daze by the seductive dance stylings of Shara Worden.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Walker said...

I'm sure I would've fallen under the "Ugly" category. I don't know though, are we old indie-hipsters yet?

Good pictures, kinda was hoping for a better review but you know me - they could sell me Shara Worden popcicle sticks and I'd probably be interested.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home